What Can I Do to Help My Orthodontic Treatment Finish?
This is a common question! We don’t take offense…we understand that patients are eager to complete their orthodontic treatment. It’s a great day and a great feeling when your braces come off!
During your initial consultation with Dr.Carlson, we will outline a custom treatment plan for you and will do out best to give you a timeline of when we expect you to complete orthodontic treatment. However, each patient is different and have different biological responses to orthodontic treatment. Simply, some people’s teeth may move faster than others!
There are some things you can do though to help orthodontic treatment be completed. By following these suggestions, you can avoid any delays to your treatment.
• Make sure to keep your orthodontic appointments. Postponing or canceling will delay treatment completion, whether it’s braces or Invisalign!
• Be sure to show up on time to your appointments. If you’re late for your appointment, we might not be able to accomplish all that was planned.
• When prescribed, make sure you are diligent about wearing rubber bands or other appliances. If you need tips about how to remember, ask any one of our orthodontic assistants.
• Avoid damage to your braces, orthodontic appliances and teeth by wearing a mouth guard during sports activities.
• Make sure to brush and floss regularly! Gum inflammation will slow down the tooth movement and out the brakes on your progress!
• Keep your regularly scheduled dental appointments. It is critical that you continue to see your dentist while in orthodontic treatment.
• Make sure to avoid foods that can damage your appliances
• If you have questions or concerns, be sure to ask us at the beginning of your appointment so we can talk and get them answered!
Celebrate your smile,